Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Grinch's Heart.....

Well, now I am certain that I have the giggling part down to a science. Just ask anyone I know, and they will readily confess that I pretty much laugh at everything, including myself. What a hilarious world we live in! Gratitude is a different story. This is where I find myself lacking. It is so easy to get caught up in the miseries of the day, when instead I should be grateful for the very air that I breathe. So much of what I experience everyday is nothing short of a miracle. Instead of recognizing this blessing, I find my self consistently "sweating the small stuff." Recently, I have read some blogs that have been truly inspiring. Reading these blogs helped me to evaluate the state of my spirit, and I decided that it could use some help. I thought that if I blogged my gratitude everyday for even the smallest blessing, that perhaps my heart, much like the Grinch's, would triple in size. Add a little (a lot) of laughter along the way and how can I possibly go wrong? So, the experiment begins today. Hopefully, things will begin to stir inside of me in time for the Whoville Feast. I would just hate to miss the roast beast. 

1 comment: