Monday, December 14, 2009

The Santa Clarita Master Chorale

My husband, Larry, sings in the Santa Clarita Master Chorale and has for the past 10 years. Last night they performed their annual Christmas concert at The COC Performing Arts Center. I look forward to this concert every December. Yesterday's performance was a wonderful celebration of the life of the Savior and of the special warmth of the season. They performed many beautiful pieces, one of which was a classical piece entitled "Ceremony of Carols" by Benjamin Britten that I hadn't heard before. I really loved it.  My other favorite pieces were "Sweet Little Jesus Boy" arranged by Shawn Kirchner and "Silent Night For All The World" by Pepper Choplin. Toward the end of the concert the audience participated in a Christmas carol sing-along which was great fun. Many of our family members were able to attend which made the event even more special. After the concert, the family members who attended the concert came over to our house for a family dinner. Yesterday encompassed the true meaning of Christmas - the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ and warm family relations. I am thankful for the Savior, inspiring Christmas music, and a family that I love very much.



No comments:

Post a Comment